Why is personal information collected?
The following is a summary of the reasons why personal information is collected in regard to your access to the Website and use of the Online Services:
- personal information is required to make use of certain features of the Website.
- personal information is required to help us improve the Website by better understanding how the Website is being accessed and used by you and other end users
- personal information is required to communicate with you in terms of inquiries that you may make or to send you promotional offers and materials with respect to the Website, our products and/or those of our parent and affiliates.
What personal information is collected and for what purpose is it being collected?
Use of the Website
The following personal information may be collected in terms of your access and use of the Website or certain sections or features of the Website:
- You may be required to provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number when you request product information or contact us in regard to warranty claims for Schluter products;
- You may be required to provide your name and e-mail address when you create a user account for the Website;
- Your use of social media networks and social media account names may be made known to us when you opt to “share” Project Lists via social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Certain features of this Website may attempt to determine your geographical location through your IP address;
- We monitor access to certain Website resources and features by end-users and other browsing patterns and history. Any such data will be anonymized and aggregated and will not be associated with you specifically.
- In some instances, we may ask you to provide us with your feedback in terms of your user experience on the Website, with respect to any dealings with any of our dealers or with respect to any of your purchases through the Website. If you choose to provide us with such feedback, you agree that we may use it internally to assess any changes or improvements to the Website. If you provide us with contact information, we may contact you to obtain clarifications or obtain your further input.
When you send an e-mail or other communications to Schluter, we will use your contact information and whatever other information is provided in your communication for the purposes of our review, processing, redirection, escalation, and response to your comments or inquiries. These can include e-mails sent by you via the “Contact Us” feature to make inquiries or report abuse on the Website; e-mails sent to personal recipients and authorized Schluter dealers to share Project Lists, or sharing of Project Lists through social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
Where is your personal information kept?
Your personal information is kept at secure facilities and on secure servers owned and operated by third-party service providers retained by Family & Children’s Services of Waterloo region that are located in the United States.
- How do we protect your personal information?
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your personal information. While reasonable safeguards and security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information, Schluter cannot guarantee that such safeguards are impenetrable from breaches. You assume the risk of the unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information that may occur as a result of transmission over networks outside the control of Schluter or access of encrypted information by unauthorized persons.
If you are a registered user, your user information may be retrieved through access to your account. The risk associated with the foregoing can be mitigated by using strong a password and changing it frequently. You should take all reasonable steps to secure your account password from unauthorized disclosure and/or use.
Links to third-party websites
The Website may also contain third party hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your personal information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information may be retained beyond the realization of the main purposes for which it was originally collected (including, without limitation, completion of any transaction or termination of any account on the Website).
Account changes and removal
You may correct and update personal information on file with your user account at any time by logging in and making changes under the “Profile” section. Please note that previous information on file will continue to be archived by Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region.
Deletion of your user account will not automatically result in the destruction of all of your personal information. We may continue to retain such personal information to fulfil any outstanding orders, or for archival, security, and/or litigation purposes, or where required by applicable law.